2017 Race4Respect™ RACE DAY TIMELINE, Sat. June 3rd
Virtual Runners to post on social media ALL DAY!
7:00 am - ONSITE registration opens.
8:15 am - Opening Ceremonies begin
8:30 am ON SITE registration closes. No exceptions
8:45 am - Pre-race warm up
8:55 am - Call to starting line
8:57 am - National Anthem
9:00 am - 5K Race begins
9:45 am - 1K Kids Dash Begins
10:00 am Awards
10:10 am Final Remarks
10: 50 am - All runners moved to sidewalks
11: 00 am - All runners must be OFF race course. Streets are re-opened.
PACKET PICK UP & RACE DAY INFO
- Packet pick up will be:
Thursday, June 1, 2017 4-8pm @ Road Runner Sports in ROCKVILLE : 1807 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
Friday, June 2, 2017 12-5pm @ Road Runner Sports in Fairfax:
1120 West Broad Street, Fairfax, VA 22046.
- Team PPU- If you are a corporate team or a R4R TeamUp School Challenge Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- If you are unable to pick up on either of these days, we will have remaining bibs and bags at Race Day registration; however, Race Day registration will close PROMPTLY at 8:30 am on Race Day, June 3rd, 2017. No exceptions.
- You may have your packet picked up by another individual, regardless if they are registered for the event or not. Proper ID will be required.
- If you are picking up for a group larger than 10, we ask you contact us in advance to speed up packet pick up by emailing email@example.com. This option is only available for pre-race packet pick up and not available on Race Day. Proper ID will be required.
- For those who have not pre-registered, registration will be available at packet pick up on a space available basis.
- If you register for the event and fail to participate, Race4Respect™ will make best efforts to hold your t-shirt and any other items included in the registration fee. It is the registrant's responsibility to recover these items.
5K RACE INFO
- For those who have not pre-registered, registration will be available on Race Day morning on a space available basis.
- Race Day registration will end promptly at 8:30 am - No exceptions.
- This policy, requested by the DC Metropolitan Police Department, is intended to facilitate the 11:00 am reopening of the roads, by insuring that all who register on Race Day will do so in time to be on the starting line no later than 8:55 am.
- No one will be allowed to start the 5K after this time.
- Roads reopen at 11:00 am promptly.
- The road closure permit for Race4Respect™ ends at 11:00 am.
- At the request of the DC Metropolitan Police Department the race staff will begin to move slower runners and walkers off the roads and onto the sidewalk at 10:50 am. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
- Bag check and claim areas are manned by volunteers and staff. The event is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Leave your personal items at your own risk.
- No SAG bus will be provided. All participants will be responsible to return to the finish line area on their own.
- Medical support: Race4Respect™ will be in full compliance with all DC special event medical requirements. If you need medical assistance please flag one of the many law enforcement officers located at each intersection along the course.
- Water stop: One water stop will be located near the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and 3rd Street, NW. It will be available to both outbound and inbound runners.
- For security reasons Race4Respect™ has a NO BACKPACK policy. If you are checking a bag before the race, you must use the clear bag that was received at packet pick up. No exceptions will be made.
- No backpacks are allowed on the 5K race course.
1K KIDS DASH INFO
- Suggested age limits are 5-10 years of age. Children as old as 12 will be admitted based on parental recommendation. No proof of age is required.
- Parents are encouraged to run with their children if they would like; however, they will be required to register and wear a race bib.
- Parents who register and run the 5K will not need an additional bib to be on the Kids Dash course.
- The Kids Dash is 1K.
- Race Day registration will be available for the Kids Dash but will end promptly at 8:30 am.
- Race4Respect™ plans to have high school volunteers as "running course marshals" who will participate to help insure the safety of all participants.
- The Kids Dash is planned to start at 9:45 am so that parents who participate in the 5K have the opportunity to rejoin their child to watch or participate in the Kids Dash.
- Safety for the participants is the most important objective of the Kids Dash.
- The Kids Dash will not be timed. Everyone is a winner.
- All participants, children and their parent or guardian, MUST wear an official Race4Respect™ bib number with his/her emergency contact information written on the bib.
- For the safety of all participants this policy will be strictly enforced. Thank you for your cooperation.
TRANSFERS AND DEFERMENTS
- Entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Please do not swap your bib. Bib swaps are strictly prohibited. Individuals who are found swapping bibs will be removed from the results and/or will have their registration voided and will be barred from future Race4Respect™ events.
- We do not offer deferments.
- We do not issue refunds for registration. This includes if an event is canceled due to an "Act of God" (Hurricane, Tornado, Storm, etc.). There are no exceptions.
- We do not refund multiple "accidental" payments.
- If you file a charge back request with your credit card company and are reimbursed, your registration is void. If we are assessed a penalty fee for this, you agree to fully reimburse us for this penalty.
- If the event offers a discount code or other method of discount, you must use it at the time of registration. We do not refund the difference for any type of discount that goes unapplied when you register.
- The amount you will pay is clearly indicated before your payment is processed; if it is not the amount you believe it should be, do not pay.
WEATHER & DISASTER POLICY
- There is no "rain date." The event will be held rain, shine, snow. In the case of significantly inclement weather, we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially cancel the event.
- In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, the District of Columbia may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each registrant must accept any such risk of their entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event.
- We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event.
- Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made in concert with local risk management, police, fire and rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.
- Please note that we are aware sometimes unfortunate situations arise. Our policy, however, does not grant exceptions.
- Your physical address will never be shared with anyone outside of the event organizer.
- Your email address will not be distributed with the exception of the event photographer (if applicable) for the purposes of contacting you regarding photos.
- We require certain emergency medical information from each registrant in order to provide the best possible care in the event of an accident or medical emergency. This information will only be shared with licensed medical personnel and only in the event of an emergency.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, June 3, 2017 for the fourth annual Race4Respect™!!
The Race4Respect™Team @ devenio, inc.