R4R TeamUp School Challenge
Special Education Grants
In 2017 Race4Respect™ initiated the TeamUp School Challenge to award grants to school special education funds.
With education funding becoming more and more limited, and Race4Respect™'s commitment to Down Syndrome Awareness,
we believe that the best way to support a child with Down syndrome is to support his/her community.
Winning teams are required to have a minimum of 21, 5K race registrants.
1. Any school (public or private, grades K-12) in the DC metro area* can have their students, teachers, parents, administrators, friends, and supporters TeamUp to represent them in the fourth annual Race4Respect™ 5K and compete to be one of the 21 schools to be selected. . DC metro school teams must be from the following areas to be eligible: Washington, DC, Maryland: Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, Prince George’s, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, St. Mary’s and Baltimore Counties. Virginia: Alexandria City, Arlington, Manassas City, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford, Fauquier, Amelia, Caroline, Charles, Chester, Dinwiddie and Goochland Counties.
2. All school teams must be either a public, private, independent or charter school serving any range of grades between K-12 serving students in the areas listed above. WHAT? Win a $3,000 donation/grant for your school’s special education fund. Donation/grant MUST be used for materials, supplies, online subscriptions, software, etc. that directly supports the special education students or staff at your school; after school programs and support staff for after school programs; as well as teacher and para curriculum training- professional education opportunities, workshops, conferences, etc. that directly support special education.
1. Create and/or Join a Team – School challenge team names must have their school name incorporated
2. Sign up to run at www.race4respect.com
3. Recruit runners for your team using the materials provided by the Race4Respect™ team! Any questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Download Team Flyer HERE.
4. Only 1 registered team from each school is eligible to win. Contact email@example.com for questions.
5. Deadline for teams is Wednesday May 30, 2018 @ 11:59pm. NO exceptions.
6. If a winning school would like to redirect their winnings to another "in-need" or "sister/brother school", team captains MUST contact the R4R team by the deadline of Wed. May 30, 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org 11:59pm.
2017 WINNERS, CONGRATULATIONS!
1st Place: Bethesda Elementary School, MD
2nd Place: Chevy Chase Elementary School, MD used their TeamUp School Challenge grant to complete their Mindfulness Room. This is a one of kind room in Montgomery County, MD and is utilized and appreciated by ALL students and teachers at CCES.
3rd Place: School Without Walls, DC